G’day, I’m Ben. I’m proud to launch Newy Rides to you and to the world.
Newy Rides specialises in Newcastle bike tours through the nooks and crannies of our coastal city.
Our goal is simple.
“We help visitors discover the best of Newcastle NSW, by bike”
This business was born and has evolved throughout 2020 – a bloody strange year. Throughout the year I was riding my bike A LOT and saw loads of different people riding, in fact bike shops began started running out of stock for sale due to popularity.
I wanted to get creative during my downtime so learnt to strip bikes down to their bare parts, mask them up ready for painting and then give them a custom paint job. Inspired by Newcastle, the bikes are all now rocking a very-Newy paint job.
Things started to click in my mind. I then jotted down a list (something like this):
- People love to travel – but it hasn’t been possible in 2020
- Domestic tourism will boom when travel restrictions lift – fingers crossed!
- Aussie travelers want to immerse themselves in an authentic experience
- Newcastle is truly a hidden gem for tourism, perhaps an underdog. We boast a CBD on the beach!
- Newcastle has edge. We boast a huge arts scene, crazy good coffee and food worth travelling for
- Sustainable, healthy living is now a huge focus for people and outdoor activities are preferred
- Newcastle is extremely bike friendly – bike paths aplenty
I want to showcase the very best of Newcastle to you. My goal is for you to feel like you’re not on a typical city-tour but are being guided through an authentic experience highlighting the fabric of our town, it’s art, cafes, restaurants, bars, murals and views.
Here’s the invitation. Will you come for a ride with me?
Learn more about our Tours by clicking here>. Follow our story on Instagram
P.S Below are some snaps of me attempting to not get spray paint on my back shed. Ghetto spray booth!